Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Podcasts

I have learned to love podcasts. Because Sawyer is in love with tv, we try to not have it on anymore (with the exception of Thursday night for the Office). This has taught me to learn to love quiet (often I will spend hours with no noise in the house) and podcasts. We have an Apple TV, which allows me to listen to things from my computer on our surround sound system, which is nice as the computer speakers aren't the best.

ANYWAY, I love podcasts, and I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you in case you are looking for something to listen to.

* Knitmore Girls- A fun podcast about knitting. It's a mom and daughter who sit and talk about their knitting and review products. Fun stuff.

*This American Life- Oh man, I love this one. I wish I could get the back episodes, as I forgot to subscribe and download them every week. (You can get them for 99 cents, but there are 500 or so, and I'm poor) This podcast takes a different topic every week and tells people's stories. Last week it was about kid politics, and this week it was about people who take a long time to make life changing decisions. All fascinating and fun to listen to. Edited to add... Jess in Ohio (an awesome librarian and knitter) pointed out to me that you can listen to back episodes on the TAL website. Which I am doing right now. LOVE! :)

*NPR Planet Money- I am fascinated by money and economics. This podcast isn't too technical for the non-economist to listen to, but I feel like I learn something every time I listen. Love it. In fact, I am listening to it right now, and I plan on looking up more NPR podcasts as soon as I'm done here.

*KnitCents- A good podcast about knitting and saving money, two great things in my opinion. :)

Those are the ones I listen to without fail.  I have a few more that I listen to if I run out of my regulars... mostly knitting ones. If you have any podcasts that you love, let me know! I will keep you updated if any others make it into my regular rotation.

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

Jess said...

I love TAL. Maybe they've changed, but the last I checked, you could still listen to older episodes on their website for free.