Friday, September 11, 2009

Week in Review

So I have had a pretty busy week... I have been working a lot, which is good. And not too many crazy things have happened at work this week, which is also good. I'm not a fan of eventful days at work. I don't mind it being busy, but eventful is not my thing.

I had my second knitting class on Wednesday.  That went well.  Two people didn't come back... which I'm hoping is because they were too busy and not because they are done with knitting. We have a week off next week and so the next class I told them all to bring a pattern that they want to knit and we will get started on that.

I did a lot of sewing this week.  I made a schelp bag for a shop display (it is the back to school one in the kids section if you stop by). I also sewed my puzzler top together! I just have to put on the 3" border on the outside and that baby is done! I will post pictures as soon as it is all together... which may be today as I don't work until 3. I am so happy with the quilt... it is amazing. I'm also very proud of myself for finishing it. The blocks have been sitting in my closet for probably 3 years now begging to be put together.

I haven't done much knitting, or spinning. I am almost done with my current spinning project. Just a little bit left and then it will be ready to ply.  I am spinning 8 oz from my good buddy, Northern Lights Fiber Co, in her "Breaking Clouds" colorway.  It is white, grey, and blue.  I'm pretty excited to see it plied as I think it will be a very neat yarn... it has long stripes of white and grey with bits of blue splashed in.  We will see how it turns out.  Pictures to come on that as well.

Last night we had a sausage party and bonfire at the house. We had 15 lbs of moose meat turned into 20 lbs of cheddar brautwarst (sp?!).  They have to add pig fat as moose is a very lean meat. The sausage is amazing. Everyone had a good time and no one got on the roof, so I would say the party was a success! Plus, it was on Thursday, which is my FAVORITE day of the week, and there are only 6 more days until the premiere of The Office, so that was another reason to celebrate! I can not wait until next Thursday.

Alright, well I think that sums up what I have been up to while I have been missing on my blog... I'm going to go try and finish that quilt top before work and maybe even squeeze some spinning in. Have a great weekend!!

No comments: