Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Late Night News

So I have decided that it is not a good idea for me to watch the 10 o'clock news before I go to bed. I just get too riled up. For example, yesterday they did a story on Eagle River High School. Apparently, after 5 years the roof is failing. And they aren't kidding, they showed pictures. It looks pretty messed up. What did the school district have to say about it?? Well... I guess we have to buy a new one... this one was supposed to last 20-25 years, but at least we got 5 years out of it.... what's another few MILLION dollars.

WHAT?!? It was supposed to last twenty years and lasted five.... and your response is, at least we got some use out of it!?! REALLY?!?! This is probably one of the reasons our city is in debt.

Don't worry, I'm sure Dan Sullivan will lay off some more firefighters to pay for the new roof of the school.

ANYWAY. Enough ranting. Just a quick update about my goals. I've been doing my best to workout every day. Yesterday I did my exercise while I was on hold on the phone. I also have kept my sewing room clean. That was a bit hard... yesterday I did some sewing and I cleaned up after myself. It was tough to do, as I really just wanted to walk out of the room... but I did it, and now I'm glad I did. Now I have to get ready to head to work for a while. Have a great first day of September!!!

No comments: