Saturday, May 23, 2009

What-up, Weekend? How I love you...

Last night I had dinner, knitting, and desert with my two wonderful friends. They are amazing and I pretty much had the best time ever. I even got some knitting done, ACTUAL knitting... not dream in my head knitting. It was awesome. AND someone at knit night who knew me from quilting told me I looked COMPLETELY different with my bangs. This is starting to get weird. Who knew bangs would be such a life-altering experience.

Anyway, I have plans to go to the Saturday Market here in a few hours so I was hoping to tackle the straightening of my craft room in the mean time. Instead, I have been surfing the web and Etsy dreaming of things to buy and do. I found this awesome tutorial about how to make a box bag and have decided that I probably need at least one of these to carry my knitting in. And since I have no shortage of fabric, this should be an easy task to complete. If it goes well, maybe I will make some for the knitting friends too! We are all going to Sock Summit, and probably need cool bags to carry our sock knitting in.

In other big news, yesterday was my LAST day teaching! I checked out, turned in my keys, and said GOODBYE to the classroom for what may be the last time. Sure, 25 may be young to retire, but I have big plans for myself. And school was driving me crazy. So I'm taking a break. I start my DREAM job at The Quilt Tree on June 1st, so if you are in Anchorage, come by and say hi!

Alright, I really should go get started... I really want to sew that bag....

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Wow! Those bags look pretty amazing!! Happy crafting and have fun out there today!!