Friday, January 23, 2009

Holy Productivity, Batman!

So the past few days I have been amazingly productive. I was rather highly motivated to make some curtains since a certain crazy puppy chewed up the blinds.... I don't especially enjoy having a giant window into my world for other people to see. So after work the other night I went to JoAnns to buy some fabric for my curtains. I didn't want to invest a ton of money in them because I wasn't sure how they were going to turn out. Luckily, they turned out quite nicely. They aren't designer quality by any means, but they suite my house just fine. I am going to make one more panel, but I need to get some more of the lining fabric. It will have to be a different fabric as I bought all of the one that I used. So my plan is to hang the different panel in the middle and then from the outside it will look like a design choice and not a mistake! Awesome.




Then tonight I finished up my charm quilt...that should have been done a week ago. BUT better late than never, I guess! I'm a lot happier with it than I thought I would be. It still needs borders (AH! my arch nemesis...) but I have no fabric for it (hard to believe, I know) so that will have to wait. Then I was on such a roll I put the border on a quilt that I have had done for about 4 years! Do now it just needs to be quilted. One step at a time.


And not to sound like a whiner, because I know I just had a 6 day weekend, but 2 days off is just not enough. I already feel like my weekend is over because I have a few things planned....it is very frustrating to be so exhausted and barely recover before I have to do it all again. I think you should get as many days off as you work...so maybe everyone should have a schedule like firefighters...4 days on 3 days off, 3 days on 4 days off. I could live with that.

Two other random things.
1. Frank Warren (from Post Secret. If you don't know what that is go google it right now. You will be addicted.) is coming to UAA! CRAZY! Feb. 6th, and it is FREE and open to the public. It is also the same day that Weston is having some weird nose surgery, so I'm not sure if I will make it but I would LOVE to go.
2. Wish I could remember what this was....already forgot. I swear some days I am 60 years old. Those flowers Weston bought be are still alive, which is pretty amazing.

TGIF. I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Those curtains look really nice! I love the pattern on the fabric. Good job getting so much done!