Friday, January 16, 2009

Hey, baby let's go to Vegas!

Because we are a lucky bunch. ANOTHER day off of school. This is amazing! And we already had a three day weekend already because of MLK day. So I don't have to go to work until Tuesday. Nuts. Unfortunately, it looks like we have to make up today at the end of the year or something. Oh well. I'm sure most kids won't come that day. Teachers have to stay an extra day anyway, so I'm not overly concerned.

Tomorrow I have my first Saturday Sampler class. It is a block of the month at Seams Like Home. It should be interesting. There are a lot of rules, and from what the shop told me they are pretty strict about them. For example, next month to get my block for free I have to bring my finished block from this class. Since my class starts at 9:30 I have until 10:00 to get to class, get my block looked at, and get my hand stamped. If you show up at 10:01 too bad for you, better pull out $10 to pay for your block. Crazy. Not that I plan on getting up and sewing on a Saturday morning. If it isn't done before I get up, I will just pay.

I finished all of the blocks for my quilt last night. I didn't get them sewn together, but I will get that done today. I'm not sure how crazy I am about this quilt. I made a lot of mistakes a long the way and I feel like it looks sloppy. Plus, it is too small without borders so I will have to put borders on. :( I'll get pictures up as soon as I get it done.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I look forward to the pictures. And yeah... what do you do with three days off in a row?!

Lisa said...

I look forward to the pictures too. I have no clue what this block thing means, but I'm willing to bet you'll be fine at the class. Sounds like you're getting way more done on your free time than I am.