Monday, April 23, 2012

Knit and Crochet Blog Week!

Sticks and String
I had seen my friend, Liz (over at Reckless Knitting), mention this a while back and then promptly forgot about it.  Then when I read her post today, I thought, YES! I want to do this. So, here is day one of my knit and crochet blog week posts....

Today is all about color.  I love color.  I find that I am drawn to brighter colors, but I also love a good palette of pastels as well.  I'm a big fan of autumn colors... ok, I guess there aren't really colors that I don't love.  If I had to pick a color that I didn't like, I would say my least favorite color is purple.  I find when I look in my stash, I have very little of it.  I do like it, but I guess I don't tend to buy it.  Here are some pictures of quilts I have finished (or plan to...) to give you an idea of my color palettes...





I don't feel like I tend to stay in a certain color palette, I love color and like to have a lot of different things to choose from.  And, yes, I know this is knit and crochet blog week, but I am better at taking pictures of my quilts that my yarn stuff. :) A quick tour of my Ravelry project page shows me that I have knit a lot of green and yellow in the recent past... not too surprising as we didn't know that Sawyer was going to be a boy and I have knit a fair amount for him. There are some pops of other colors in there, pink, blue, grey... no purple. Maybe I will need to branch out and try something purple next. I'm sure in my giant stash there has to be something I can use that is purple....

This is my next color challenge. I am going to spin this up to knit a baby blanket (rav link)... I am so in love with the pastel rainbow... my plan is to ply it with a white so the colors don't get muddied. I even actually have a jelly roll and a border fabric with this same color scheme that I could make a "matching" quilt with... how fun would that be! For my grandkid, obviously... since I am so slow at finishing. 


Fiber purchased from Knotty Ewe


2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Great post! Love all the good fibery pics. Got some great quilt stuff going on!

Liz said...

Yay! I'm do glad to see you doing these posts as well :) and I like that I'm not the only one expanding beyond knitting and crochet!

You definitely cover a Vast array of colors :)