Saturday, April 14, 2012

All By Myself...

Ramblings
Today I am by myself in my house. Well, the dogs are here, but I am the only human. Sawyer is out at MIL's house and Weston is in the Valley. It is a weird feeling... I don't think I've had time like this to myself since before Sawyer was born. So, I have one goal... to finished sewing Sawyer's darn stuffed train set that I wanted to have done before he was born. Ugh. Talk about an epic failure! So, I am breaking out my sewing machine and GETTING IT DONE. I honestly don't think it needs that much more work, so I am going to buckle down and do it. Then who knows what I will do. Maybe nap. Read. Knit. Maybe a bit of all of that. Maybe just enjoy the quiet. Who knows.

Sticks and String
I'm still plugging away at my top-secret handspun project. I am loving how it is turning out and I can't wait until I can share it. I also bought yarn yesterday to knit the Hemlock Ring blanket (Rav link) and I am SO excited to cast that on. I bough Malabrigo Rios in a gorgeous teal color... it is so soft and rich. I think this will be a fun, quick knit with gorgeous results. Hopefully I am right!

Alright, off to sew. Hopefully I will be able to post a lot of FOs soon, as I feel like I'm right on the cusp of finishing quite a few things. Have a great, sunny (well, at least here) Saturday!

No comments: