Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Yesterday was a weird day. Josh (our best friend, who has been staying with us for the past 6 months) moved to Colorado. He will be back, as he has a seasonal job at a ski resort down there... but it was very hard and weird. Before it actually happened, I was excited for him to leave. I knew he was going to have fun on his new adventure, and I was excited to have my house back. Having to close the door to the bathroom and get dressed to let the dogs out was getting old. I love being alone, and with J living here, it wasn't too often that I was alone in my house. So, I was looking forward to just being in my house with just W and the dogs. Then I had to take him to the airport. I guess that made me realize that he was really going to be gone for six months. I wasn't going to be able to joke around with him, or give him grief about things, or have him tease me for watching TV all the time for six months. I asked him what I was going to do when he was gone... his response, "Probably watch Regis and Kelly without anyone making fun of you." Too bad him making fun of me was half of the fun....

So, I miss Josh... and I can tell the dogs do too.  Last night, Frito woke me up and walked to the couch where J normally sleeps to show me that he wasn't here. Crazy dog.

On a happier note, I am almost done with my baby sweater. I have been crazy busy with work, so I haven't been able to work on it too much.  It has half of a sleeve and the button band left to do. While at work yesterday, I checked out the new Louisa Harding pattern book and it is pretty amazing.  It will be coming home with me today, and I plan on digging in my closet to see if I have the yarn to make many of the projects in the book. More on that later.

Also, in dork news... tomorrow is The Office wedding!! Jim and Pam are getting hitched. I'm pretty excited. In fact, I have to go bake a cake in celebration!

No comments: