Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Bananas, Pumpkins, and Pies...oh my!

I don't know if any of you have ever made a pumpkin pie from scratch (meaning from an ACTUAL pumpkin) but it is a PAIN. I made one last year because I was so excited about the pumpkin patch and the fact that I had just learned that I loved pumpkin bread. I thought, hmm...pumpkin bread...pumpkin pie....delicious. Well, it turns out that I HATE pumpkin pie. Unfortunately, since I had made one from scratch Weston was hooked. It was his favorite pie. Great. So this year I decided to do it again. I love my husband. So I got home late from work and started my pie adventure. About an hour and a half into it (yes, this is a long process) I discovered I didn't have all of the ingredients I needed. So it is all in the fridge waiting for me to finish it up tomorrow.

I was on a baking spree that couldn't be stopped...so I made some banana bread. I'm also not a huge fan of banana bread, but it is SUPER easy to make and smells pretty good.

Last night we went and played pub quiz at Humpy's. For those who don't know what pub quiz is, basically it is like playing Trival Pursuit at a bar with lots of fun prizes and delicious food (at least if it is at Humpy's!). It is best to have a very diverse crowd so that you have the best chances of getting the answers right. We did pretty well. We even won one round (out of seven) and won some t-shirts! I had a good time, minus the fact that we didn't get home until 11. I wish it started earlier, because I would probably go every week if it did. As it stands now, I probably won't frequent pub quiz as I like sleeping better than free t-shirts that are way too big for me!

1 comment:

Leah said...

That sucks about the pumpkin pie. It's terrible to not be able to enjoy something you spend so much time on. At least it's appreciated by those you love! :)