Sunday, June 8, 2008

Weekend Excitement

So I ordered a bunch (5) of patterns from purlsoho.com the other day and I picked them up after work yesterday. I was SO excited! I have a pattern for a pillow, a kids sweater with a rhino on it, a hat, mittens, and a reversible scarf. I immediately ran (ok, I drove. I'm not THAT worried about gas prices yet!) to the Quilt Tree and bought yarn for the pillow. I was going to buy yarn for the sweater too, but I knew Weston was going to be home when I got there, so I tried to limit my purchases. It is best to take things into the house when he isn't around. Plus, I wanted to ask Leah about her advice on the yarn for the sweater. She has made a baby sweater before so I think she would have a better idea of what I need. ANYWAY. I am going to start the pillow here in a bit. I have to sew new covers for some pillows that my mother-in-law puts on the porch before I knit. Apparently she is "redoing the porch". I didn't know you had to decorate a porch. I want to get them done so I don't have to hear about how I need to do it anymore. So off to sew pillow covers and then I can start my knitted pillow to put in my house! :)

No comments: