Saturday, June 14, 2008

Another weekend, more yarn buying

Yesterday Leah and I went yarn shopping and it was exciting! I bought yarn for my mittens and hat that I got the pattern for last weekend as well as the rhino sweater. I was really excited because after reading the pattern for the mittens and the hat I realized that I could use the same yarn for them both, thus limiting my yarn buying but maximizing my projects! Double score. Today is raining and cloudy outside. I am a little bit bummed about that because Leah and I were thinking about walking down to the Saturday Market today. But, there is a chance it is nice downtown, I am in Eagle River which is 10 miles away. Plus, in Alaska I am always reminded that the weather can change dramatically in about ten minutes. Maybe after I shower it will be better. After shopping for all of that yarn it made me dream of more projects. OH! I also bought yarn to make a knitted elephant toy. It wasn't on my list, but I wanted to make one and decided WHY NOT! I really want to make a shawl. Don't really know why, but I think it would be fantastic to have on the back of my couch for when I get cold. Like a fancy blanket just for me. But I REALLY need to finish the projects I already have started (pillow especially). Just realized that the pillow is the only thing on the needles right now. Pretty amazing. I am a bit scatter brained right now. It is a bit early for Sat (8:40) and I didn't sleep too well last night with Weston and Frito gone. Waking up by yourself is pretty lame. Ok, off to get ready to knit!

No comments: