Monday, June 23, 2008

Socks for Dad


Father's day has come and gone and yet my dad's present is still on needles. A pair of socks. I bought two balls of my favorite sock yarn, which I was sure would be enough. It is a self-patterning yarn that I thought was mostly red, yellow, and orange. When I started knitting with it I realized that it also had brown, green, and blue in it. Now I can't tell if I like the socks or if I think they are ugly. I have knitted one sock to the point where I am out of yarn (not done...still needs a toe, probably about 2-3 inches left) and started the other one. I'm not sure what to do with them. I don't really want to buy another ball of yarn (I know, crazy...but I just don't really like this colorway...). So I was thinking of using the leftover yarn from Bobby's socks. Then I run into the problem of running out of that yarn and still not having two socks. BLAH. I have decided that I need to learn to knit two socks at a time because knitting the second one is lame. I am SO not motivated to finish it. I really want to start a sweater, or something from the new knitting book I got. AHHH. All of these projects and so little time. We are *hopefully* going to be moving in 8 days. Which is really going to put a kink in my knitting time. But it will be WELL worth it! I can not wait to have my own space again. Be able to not have to get dressed to go to the bathroom, leave every door open if I feel like it, leave my knitting/quilting/stamping stuff out around the house....at least until Weston has something to say about it. It will be wonderful. So hopefully I can get these ugly/awesome (still up in the air) socks done so I can move on to something else more exciting. Like a cabled bag.....

No comments: