Wednesday, March 23, 2011

What a difference a day makes

Yesterday, I wasn't doing so hot. I was a mess. I wasn't sure that anyone was ever going to sleep again. I was struggling with what to do, as the Dr. recommended crying it out, and I just didn't think I could do that. I had one last book that I had read and didn't try... The Baby Whisper Solves All Your Problems. I decided to try the sleep technique in this book, and it took a little over an hour last night, but I got Sawyer to sleep and he didn't wake up again all night. I woke up, to pump, and because I would hear him rustle around and I thought he would get up... BUT, I got some sleep and this morning I felt like a whole new person. I was excited to see Sawyer, he was happy to wake up because he wasn't exhausted. It was amazing. This morning I put him down for his nap using the same technique again and he was asleep in less than 10 mins. I couldn't believe it. I feel like we may have found something that works for him, and I am soooo thankful. Even if we backslide, or it continues to take an hour, I feel good about the path we are on, and I am feeling much better about mom life. Whew.

In other, more fun news, I have had an AWESOME mail week!!! I received two amazing swap packages, and a package of goodies that I traded some sewing for. Here are some pictures:

This is my "Here Comes the Sun" swap package from Jen. It included a bunch of cotton, and a spindle to spin it, a fun book, and the blue yarn is cotton to knit Sawyer a little vest! Adorable!


My Handspun Swap package from Katelynn. Amazing stuff. There are more photos on my flickr page if you are interested in the yarn. I haven't decided what each skein will be yet, but they are all gorgeous! I'm pretty sure I am going to weave with the middle one, as the texture is very fun and I think weaving with it will really show it off. And yes, that is sheep confetti. :)



My package from Carrie. I had sewed a set of monsters for her that I traded for credit to her Etsy shop. I used that to get the handspun yarn (which is seriously beautiful in person. I love it SO much!) and then I bought the two braids of roving. My plan is to ply them together and knit something for Sawyer. 

So that is all my mail!! It really helped brighten my day today. We leave for Texas tomorrow. I am really nervous about the flight. I am such a terrible flyer. Luckily, Allie is flying with us, which will be a HUGE help. I'm hoping to get a lot of knitting done on the trip. It is going to be WARM (75-80) which will be nice. I will take a lot of pictures and report back. I have never been to Texas, so it should be an experience. :) I hope everyone has a great week, and I will hopefully continue to have amazing luck with Sawyer. 


No comments: