Thursday, March 17, 2011

Sleep Deprived

Sawyer has not been sleeping well at all. Which means I have not been sleeping well. I am starting to get sick again, due to the lack of sleep, which is annoying.... I was almost done with this cold and now it's back again. I finally called the Dr. yesterday (our pediatrician's office is awesome and has nurses you can talk to and they will help you with things without you having to come in. Then they also consult with your dr. and call you back with additional information. I love it) because I didn't know what else to do. He used to be such a good sleeper!! The nurse suggested feeding him before I went to bed, even if he wasn't awake. Ok. So, I tried it last night, and he slept until 3am! Crazy! Because the night before he got up 3 times in that same stretch. So, my plan is to continue to do that and to get up around 2am and feed him again before he wakes up. Then gradually move the 2am feeding until it is magically at 6 or 7 am when he is supposed to get up. It might take some time, but I am just excited to have a plan that doesn't involve him crying for hours and breaking my heart. So fingers crossed that this works out.  (I still didn't sleep well last night as I kept waiting for him to wake up. So, hopefully tonight I am over that....)

Not too much else going on. It's snowing. :) Happy Alaskan Spring! I actually don't mind it, as it covers up all the ick that spring brings. Break up is my least favorite time of the year. It is gross and yucky and it feels like it will never end...

Also, today is my last Thursday at work. This is actually my last week. I'm pretty excited. I decided to stay home with Sawyer. Work was just a bit too much for me, and being gone for the long 6+ hour days was taking a toll on both of us. I am very happy that I will be staying home, but I'm also really happy that I tried working. I think I would have always wondered if it would have been better had I not tried it. And, I think I am going to go back to clerking at the shop one or two shifts a week, which will be just enough to get me out of the house for my sanity. We'll see. I'm still planning on teaching knitting, as that is what I truly love to do...

Alright, Sawyer is down for his morning nap (oh yeah!) so I need to get some stuff done.... I hope everyone has a happy and safe St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: