Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dog Sitter Extraordinaire

I don't know if I have mentioned that I don't like dog sitting. I love dogs and I love watching dogs play, but dog sitting is not my thing. I think part of it comes down to the fact that I think my dogs are so awesome, that all other dogs are pretty lame in comparison. And, the dogs and I have a routine, which is hard to maintain with another dog around.

But, alas, I have been tasked with the role of dog sitter once again.  This time with my parents' dog, Maverick.  He is a shitzu/pomeranian mix and kind of a pain.  His annoying habits include: wanting to get to the highest point in a room (yesterday I found him on my sewing table! ACK!), eating wet dog food (super gross, smells nasty, and I have to put my dogs outside while I feed him), smelling bad (because of the dog food), and being an all-around baby.  Yesterday I tried to walk all three dogs (which wasn't as much of a sh** show as I imagined it would be) and he was walking on three paws by the end of the street because it was cold.  At one point he laid down and lifted all of his paws off of the snow.  I told him to grow up and kept walking. It may be tough love, but I have always been the favorite person in the house for the dogs that I have watched... even Brewski, who I was pretty mean to at bedtime LOVED me. So maybe dogs just need discipline...

So I'm hoping to be out of the dog sitting business.  I will still do it for family, but I just hope everyone plans on staying in town for a while!! I need a break!

No comments: