Monday, April 7, 2008

Knitting book

Because I enjoyed my birthday present so much, I decided to check out the book Last Minute Knitted Gifts. Leah has that one as well, and she has made quite a few projects out of it that have turned out awesome. So I headed to the bookstore last night and was able to score a used copy (Title Wave Books, best bookstore EVER! www.wavebooks.com) for a grand total of $3.50 after using my credit. You can't really beat that. So after work today I went and bought some yarn to make some leg warmers out of the book. That is right, I am bringing leg warmers back. I've got it all planned...see I was already planning on learning to play tennis this summer (Random side story: On the way to work this morning there was a tennis racket in the middle of the road...pretty sure it is my destiny and I may be the next Serena Willams.) and now I can wear leg warmers on the way to the court (because I will be wearing a tennis skirt) and I will look totally bad ass. I'm pretty pumped about it. I will post my progress as it happens. I thought I had the right sized needles, but it turns out I don't, so I will have to get those tomorrow.

Operation: Elephant has also found new life. While on the phone with Leah I read the directions out loud and realized where I may have gone wrong. So I have a new idea, and I think I will try that out later in the week. I'm excited that I may have it figured out...

No comments: