Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year!

I can't believe it is already the last day of 2012! Crazy. We had a wonderful Christmas. Sawyer was very surprised to find his gifts on Christmas morning (we didn't get a tree and didn't have the presents out, so it really was a big surprise Christmas!) and really enjoyed opening them. He got a few new games and some coloring stuff, all of which have been big hits.

After breakfast, we went sledding, which has become a new tradition. We went last year and had a blast, so we decided to go again this year, and Sawyer had even more fun! He LOVED going down the hill.... going up wasn't his favorite, but it was worth it. It has been nice to have Weston home a bit more, he took a couple of days off around each holiday. Having him home makes the days run so much smoother!

I have started working out this week. Ugh. Working out is HARD! But, I've been holding on to the last little bit of baby weight from Lucy and I don't want to stop eating and drinking, so something had to give. :P I'm going to stick with it and hopefully I will see results which will keep me motivated.

I'm repurposing the yarn from Sawyer's sweater into felted slippers for my parents. I knitted them both slippers 3? years ago and they are due for new ones. I also plan on knitting Josh a hat for his birthday, so I need to get going on that as well. (And, Josh, if you read that, pretend to still be surprised.... which I guess you will be if I finish on time.)

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year!





No comments: