Monday, May 21, 2012

Growing

Sticks and String
It's funny the way we can tell we are growing and becoming more mature, different people.... Here is one way I can tell that I am "growing up" a bit.  I have been knitting my Hemlock Ring blanket, but was very anxious to see it blocked. I did some math and decided it was going to be big enough. I bound off and set to blocking.  I quickly noticed two things: one, it was not as big as I had wanted it. No amount of blocking was going to get it to grow as much as I wanted it to. And two: I hated the bind-off. Way too frilly and loopy. I continued on the blocking adventure as I wanted to see how it looked. And I secretly hoped maybe I could fix it....


(Sorry for the crappy iPhone pic, I knew I wasn't happy with it so didn't want to break out the camera) I couldn't. I don't love it. It's going back on the needles and I'm going to make it bigger and get rid of the loopy bind-off.  This is a big deal for me... I normally would just say, "oh, well" and live with it. But, I'm growing and becoming a more mature knitter who has decided that if I don't love it, I don't have to live with it. I know how to fix this, and I'm going to take the time to do so. Plus, I was enjoying knitting it anyway... it is a very fun knit. I could actually see myself knitting another one after this one is finished.... crazy....



1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Go Sally! The blanket is so beautiful!!