Thursday, May 31, 2012

Big Plans

Mini-Me
A rare picture of myself on the blog. Please excuse the unwashed hair and the tv in the background. Out of the five pictures Weston snapped of me, this was the only one that had me in focus instead of the tv.... I swear, he rarely takes a good picture of me. Weird. Today I am 24 weeks pregnant. That baby is growing!


In Sawyer news, we have been super busy. A lot of time has been spent at the zoo, the museum, and outside! Not many pictures, as he runs everywhere and is quick! It has been a really nice summer so far, and the few rainy days we have spent at the museum, which has been a life saver! Sawyer loves it there... it is so fun to watch him run around and play.

On Pins and Needles
I have decided to try my hand at sewing a few diapers for Baby.  I cut one out and added the snaps to it tonight. I hope to have it finished up by the end of the weekend.  I would work on it more tonight, but I feel like spinning.... I also have the supplies to sew Sawyer a new diaper. If these turn out, I might have a new addiction! I don't think they will take a lot of time to sew and man are there some cute diaper fabrics out there! Plus, adding the snaps is so fun. And since I will have two in diapers (hopefully not for too long) I can't have too many!

Right Around, Baby
I have been really into my spinning lately. It is so fun to take fluff and turn it into yarn.  I mailed my swap package with my latest yarn today, and I'm going to cheat and post a pic... hopefully my partner doesn't peek!

Random Chatter
Weston and I are taking the train to Seward on Saturday! I am very excited about it. Sawyer will be staying with Weston's mom, as it is an all day affair. We get on the train at 7 am (I think, it's early) and don't get back until 10pm. It will be nice to have a toddler-free day to just sit, knit, and watch the gorgeous AK scenery roll by. I am insanely excited. And I will remember to bring my camera! I am planning on bringing my hemlock ring blanket and my Ishbel shawl... it is possible that one or both of them get finished since I will have so much time. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.

3 comments:

Miss Julep said...

OK, I THOUGHT you were expecting but missed your official announcenment while I was on an internet diet. First of all CONGRATULATIONS!! Such wonderful news!

Regarding the trip, it sounds like heaven:) DO bring the camera and post pics for us to dream over.
Have FUN!

Kelsey said...

You guys are going to have a blast!! Also I LOVE the Ishbel Shawl such a great yarn choice!!

Dernea said...

Ha! Of course I peeked! Love the colors, Muddy!