Wednesday, April 28, 2010

T-minus 15 months and counting...

The dates for Sock Summit 2011 were announced .... July 28-31, 2011. I will be there. I can NOT wait! I'm already starting to look at my $$ and save up as much as possible so I can go CRAZY in the marketplace again. And, rumor has it the same weekend in Portland, OR is a brewing festival, so Weston might come along to have some fun as well. Oh, and he's in charge of the kiddo. This was decided before we even knew we were having kids... I told him that no matter what was going on in our lives, I was going to make it to SS11 and that was that. :) He agreed that I should go and that he would take care of everything else. He is amazing.

I'm almost done with my shawl! I think I have about 20 rows left on the last chart and then it will be cast off time. I was hoping to have it done by the end of the week, but I'm not sure that is going to happen. After I knit the shawl, my plan is to knit a romper for the baby to come home in and then knit myself some mittens... probably the squirrel sampler mittens (Rav link), but I haven't decided quite yet. I need mittens for the fall and break up seasons as my winter mittens are just too hot to wear while dog walking. So I figure that will be my summer project. Then I should probably knit something for Weston. We were at pub quiz last night and one of our friends asked if I knit him anything (because I was knitting) and Weston threw a little fit about how NOOOO, Josh has a hat and socks, but he doesn't have anything. So I should probably remedy that. :)

Friday I am going garage sale-ing. The neighborhood my in-laws live in has a huge neighborhood wide garage sale every year, so I am looking forward to getting some baby stuff. Then I think Weston is going to build my raised bed in the front yard for my plants. They are growing like CRAZY! I think some of them might survive. :)

I hope everyone had/is having a nice week! It was like a summer day here yesterday.... all the snow in my yard is gone.... pretty excited!

No comments: