Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sunday Indulgences

I love Sundays. Next to Thursday, it is probably my favorite day of the week. It is almost always just a lazy, be around the house type of day. Today was not too much different... we slept in, ate breakfast, then I took Snickers out for a walk.  W and Frito went for a hike. Snickers gets a bit too excited and tends to run off too far when he isn't on a least. W is going to start taking him on small hikes after work when there are fewer people out to try and train him how to go dog hiking. Then I had to go teach my last sock class of the quarter. When I got home, I found that Snickers had decided to eat the blinds in the bedroom. He doesn't deal well with being left home alone (without Frito), but it hadn't been a problem for a while, so I was surprised.

In other news, I started knitting a shawl! (Ravelry link to the pattern) I am almost done with the first chart and I am LOVING it! I'm mostly just really proud of myself for only making one mistake so far (and I was able to improvise and fix it...). My last foray into lace wasn't so successful. I'm using a skein of yarn that a friend gave me for Christmas. It is a blend of wool, bamboo, and silk and the prettiest shade of pink and orange.... like a sunset. I think it will turn out wonderful, and I'm really enjoying knitting it, so it might go pretty quickly!

Oh, but back to the title... here are some things I've indulged in today. W brought home donuts from Golden Donuts... oh man... AND, we are right now watching celebrity apprentice. It is a great show to make fun of together on the couch. Back to that and my shawl now...

No comments: