Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Accomplishments...

Alright, so the other night, I kicked myself into gear and decided to get out of my "do nothing" funk. I was getting really upset with myself that I was being so lazy. Sure, I'm working a lot, but I still need to get stuff done. Working isn't a good excuse for why my dishes are piled in the sink and not in the dishwasher... nor is it an excuse for the fact that the fiber/yarn/etc that I have been getting in the mail is just sitting on the counter and not put away. So, I got up off the couch and I got to work. I put away all of the stuff on the counter, and that made a huge difference. I already felt like I had accomplished a lot. Then I decided that I needed to get started sewing the blocks for a block swap at work... so I went to clean up my sewing room a bit (which meant putting away all of the fiber, which led to me realizing I have WAY too much fiber, and that I am now doing a yarn challenge which I will discuss in a min...) and get to work. Sadly, I didn't have the ruler I needed, so I couldn't get started. But, not to be discouraged, I got to work on something else. I finished knitting my baby blanket (and blocked it last night. It is amazing. I will post pictures later. I am SO happy with how it turned out!), and did some spinning. I tried to finish up the spinning last night, but while plying the yarn it kept breaking and driving me NUTS, so I took a break and did something else. (Well, actually, I did nothing, but still, I had tried!)

So, on to this yarn challenge. I have four baskets of fiber in my craft closet. (And 6 of yarn, but who is counting...) They are stuffed full. It is out of control. And I know that I already have more coming in the mail (a SAL that I signed up for a while back that hasn't shipped yet, along with some other fiber that I earned with a free points program one of my favorite shops does...) so I need to get it in check, stat. SO, I have decided to do a 10 yarn challenge. I need to spin 10 yarns before I buy any more fiber. Seriously. I have spun 1 (the plying still needs to be finished...) and I'm half way through yarn 2. So, really if I keep up with this, it shouldn't take too long. And then I will have lots of fun hand spun yarn to knit. :) I will try to keep you updated on my progress and take pictures along the way... but you know how I am with pictures...

Alright, back to knitting my felted project bag I started yesterday. I'm about half way through, and then it will be another item to check off of my list! :)

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Go Sally!! I always think being lazy will be so nice, but getting stuff done always leaves me feeling the best!

Thea said...

You can do it! I'm trying to work through my fiber stash too.