Friday, May 9, 2008

Weekend Warrior

Not that I often have a lot planned for the weekend, but this weekend is crazy. I have quilt class all day tomorrow from 10-4. Not that that isn't fun, but I wish I had a three day weekend to make up for my missing Saturday. I guess it is also a little defeating because I already know the quilt I am making at class isn't for me. It is for my sister-in-law, Allie. (Which confuses a lot of people since my name is Sally, it makes it hard for people to not confuse us. But no, I am married to Weston, not his sister. Gross.) Most times when I start a quilt it has no owner in mind. Mostly because I can not guarantee when it will be done. I have at least 6 (if not 10) quilt tops in storage that are sewn together but I need to have quilted. I was thinking of using my tax refund for that, but since we are in the process of looking for a home it should probably go towards that. We'll see. Anyway. I also want to stop by a teacher supply sale on my way to quilt class. So now I have to leave no later than 8:50 AM! AHH! I normally don't even get UP until then on the weekend. Then after class Weston and I are going to look at houses. Sort of fun, but also sort of not. It is hard to look at things and realize that we are poor. As Weston said last night, "We may have to start wearing bandanas and carrying a gun" and the other classic line, "That garbage dumpster is $150,000! How are we going to afford a house!". Ah, the housing market in the great state of Alaska. Not that I mind. I would much rather live in a super small house here than a big house with a pool somewhere else. Plus, the less house I have the less I have to clean.

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there. I think my parents are going to pick a weekend between Mother's day and Father's day and have "Parent's day". That makes me happy. The celebrations are getting a bit out of control.

No comments: