Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gage Me

As I mentioned before, I have never knitted a garment. I've kitted mittens, socks, felted bags, scarves galore, but never anything where gage was important. And because of my leg warmer debacle, I assumed that I knitted large. You know what they say about assuming...my shrug is done. And it is beautiful. Probably the single most wonderful thing I have ever knitted. I love it. And if I was a hip 10-year-old girl it would fit me. So apparently my flippant ignoring of knitting a gage swatch has cost me a shrug. Oh well. I am still incredibly proud of myself. And now that I know how easy the pattern is, I plan on knitting myself one that fits. It is probably better that this one didn't fit...the entire time I was knitting it I kept thinking "I don't have anything to wear this with!". While I loved the color in the yarn, it didn't mesh with anything in my wardrobe. So alas, I will try again. I will also post pictures of my mini-shrug when the hubby gets back from camping...he has the only working camera.

No comments: