Monday, October 19, 2015

Preschool Mom

Well, it's official. I am a preschool mom. Sawyer made me my first macaroni necklace at school this week.


I wore it to music class on Friday and got a lot of compliments. :) Lucy has since broken one of the pieces of pasta, which totally ruins the pattern that Sawyer did, but it is fine. 

Other than that, I have been getting a lot of knitting done on Lucy's dress. I always forget how much I love color work until I pick it back up.  It is so satisfying to move through the chart and see the picture appear.  This dress was a bit of a struggle because I had a tough time seeing the pattern emerge as I knit it, as it starts out rather abstract.  Now that the color work is finished I just have the top of the dress to do! I love how it is turning out.  


I also have gotten some sewing finished, but I don't have pictures of that.  I am sewing bags for the quilt guild's auction coming up.  Piecing the blocks for the front of the bag was a lot of fun and I think I will be making a few more for myself. Because I obviously need more project bags. Ha!

Off to hike with the family. Weston has the day off in observation of Alaska Day (which was yesterday) and it is not raining at the moment so we are going to take advantage of that. Happy knitting!


No comments: