Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Snuggling

Sticks and String
Well, they aren't my knits, but they are knits anyway....

Here are pictures of the outfit that Kelsey made for Baby. I'm still just so in love with it and can not wait to dress Baby in it...



And then yesterday I receieved a package from a Ravelry friend, which included a sweater and duck rattle for Baby along with a frog bath mitt and some trucks for Sawyer.  Nancy is so sweet to have made these for us! (MissJulep on Rav, she has some wonderful knit and crochet designs... I have yarn to knit three of her Texture Bite Bears, which I'm hoping to have done for Sawyer for Christmas)



The sweater is made of alpaca and is going to keep Baby nice and snuggly warm for the winter! I am so blessed to have such wonderful friends. 

In my own knitting news, I had blocked a blanket that I started when I was pregnant with Sawyer on Monday night. Yesterday, I went to grab my keys and apparently they were caught in the blanket (which is a lace blanket) and it tore a hole in it. BOO! I swear, the universe is against me knitting right now! I'm going to do my best to fix it, but I don't have the yarn anymore (as all I had to do was the button band and that is a different color than where I ripped it) so it will be a patch job... luckily, it's on the back of the blanket. I might just need to knit a dishcloth or two to get my feet back under me!

1 comment:

Miss Julep said...

OH BOO!! about the blanket!! But you are creative and resourceful and will think of something to do im order to fix the hole.

YAY! About the package, which got to you in record time so kudos to the USPS:) And I am just loving the long legged onesie your friend knit for the new baby. It looks adorable and toasty warm. Still sending wishes your way for a fast delivery and looking forward to seeing pics of the new baby girl or boy, as time allows.

Take care and thanks for the very sweet compliments.