Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Stashing

Anyone who crafts probably has a stash. (I say probably, because I am sure there is one person who only buys for one project at a time, and then finishes that project... crazy) I have a very large stash. My strategy for stashing up to this point has been "if I like it, I buy it". Well, this leads to a lot of things that don't go together, single skeins of yarn that sit there, and just a lot of STUFF. I have decided to change my stashing strategy. I am now going to try and only buy for projects (and hopefully projects I plan on starting soon) and actually finish things. I'm not so set on the finishing part (because, let's face it, you know me...) BUT I am set on buying with a purpose so that I can go through my stash and make things not just admire it. Along with this new plan comes a large DESTASH. I have started to go through my yarn and fiber and anything that I don't LOVE or have a project for, it going in my destash pile. If you are on Ravelry, my destash page is here.  If you aren't on Ravelry, I have the pictures of things I am destashing on Flickr, here.

Here is a small sample of things I'm destashing....

 



If you see something you like, let me know. I may be willing to negotiate on price. I have projects I would like to start, but no room or extra $$ for the supplies.... There are no prices listed on Flickr, so just shoot me an email of leave me a note here and I will get back to you. Also, keep checking back for more stuff... I have only made it through my fingering weight yarn and part of my fiber....

What is your stashing strategy?? What do you do with things that you have outgrown??

No comments: