Sunday, May 15, 2016

Sunshine!

The weather the past week has been amazing.  It was actually hot outside a few days this week (seriously, close to 70F, which for me is HOT!) which was crazy.  The kids and I have been spending as much time as possible outside at the park.  I have been trying to knit, but sometimes it is too hot for me to be holding wool (I just can't win...lol).  I feel like I have been doing a lot of knitting, but don't have any FOs to show for it. I started a blanket for tater tot.  I have had the yarn for this blanket for about two years, so I am glad to finally get started on it! I am loving the knitting on this...it is the zagaround blanket by Kate Oates.  It is a simple pattern that makes a squishy, reversible blanket.



The blanket is a bit bigger than the picture and the color runs are getting a lot shorter.  I knew that would happen, since the blanket is knit from the center out. I wanted a rainbow blanket though, and this will surely fit the bill!

I do have one FO that I am very happy with.  Sawyer's tiger is all finished.  He loves it. He sewed the cape for it (mostly alone, I sat next to him and let him know when to start/stop stitching) and he was so proud! I am very happy with the finish work. I had to sew the face on three different times before I was happy with it, but it was worth it.  And the nose/mouth turned out great too, in my opinion. Finishing is not my forte, so I was pretty proud of myself for taking my time and really making it look how I wanted it to.


I have been dreaming of a lot of knitting... I really want to cast on ALL the little sweaters. I have yarn to knit prairie fire for tater tot which I hope to cast on soon.  I also am hoping to knit the camilla babe sweater.  I went to my LYS yesterday to try and pick out yarn, but they didn't have the exact color I wanted, so I am going to dig through my stash and see if I have anything that will work.  And, no, we don't know if tater tot is a boy or a girl, but I love these sweaters and babies are sweet and little and can wear whatever they want. 

I also have a skein of yarn that I bought while in Washington that I want to knit a new hat for myself out of.  I think I have finally found the pattern I am going to use... the for good hat is simple enough to show off the yarn, but interesting enough to keep me knitting.  Plus, it has a placket to show off some fun buttons, which will be a fun touch. 

Alright, off to keep knitting and enjoying the sun!

No comments: