Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Crazy month

It's May. How did that happen?? It has been a crazy month.  I was busy sewing, knitting, and getting ready for a trip to Anchorage. It was really great to be back in town, see some friends, and spend time with my family.  I also got a lot of knitting done!


I finished this handspun sweater for tater tot before I left.  I love it! I have had this handspun for a long time.  I bought it from a friend and love the colors.  I tried to knit it into a vest when I was pregnant with Lucy, but it wasn't the right combination of yarn and pattern so it got ripped out.  I was excited to find something that would work for the yarn! And it will be the perfect little sweater for this new fall baby. 


I used the left overs to make this little bonnet to go with the hat! I still have a skein of the rust color, so I am trying to decide if I want to make a pair of pants or another little sweater. I'll probably go with a sweater as I don't think I will be very likely to put knit pants on the baby. 

I got a TON of work finished on Lucy's dress. I just have to pick up and knit the facings for the armholes and the neckline.  I feel like the arm holes are a bit big, but hopefully with the facings it fits ok. 


I have also made a lot of progress on Sawyer's tiger. I now only have to sew on the face and knit the mask! I decided we are going to sew the cape instead of knitting it for various reasons...one is that Sawyer can help me sew it which I think will be great. I promised him it would be finished for show and tell next week, so I need to get cracking!

Hopefully I can keep this momentum going and get a lot more knitting done in the coming months. I should also have some quilts to share next time as I got the fabric to put borders on two tops that I have finished. Lots of finishing!!


No comments: