Sunday, February 17, 2013

Apple Crisp and Mittens

This week I discovered apple crisp....it's like apple pie but without all the fussy work of making a crust! Amazing. Sawyer and I made one together on Monday and it was gone by the end of the day..... then I made one on Thursday for Branda's birthday.... and it was gone by the end on the night. I'm making one now, and even though it is just Lucy and I at home right now, there is a good chance it will be gone pretty quickly! Sawyer loves helping me cook, and we are working our way through a book called Alpha-Bakery. It is put out by Gold Medal Flour and is one that Weston had when he was a kid. The recipes are simple and delicious. The only problem with that is they are too quick to make.... if I'm working alone, getting an apple crisp ready for the oven takes about 10 mins. Dangerous.

I've been working hard on Sawyer's mittens. I'm going to finish the one I'm working on and reevaluate. I want to line them, as there are rather long floats, so I want to make sure they will fit. I'm about 10 rows from finishing the first one...if I still like it when I'm done I'll have to decide if I want to make another raccoon or a beaver.

I do need to start a simpler project that I can work on during the day or while in the car, as I can't always read a chart.... maybe I'll do some Rav pattern searching today and figure that out.

No comments: