Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....

The holiday season!! It has finally decided to look like winter outside of my door, which makes me really happy. I hated the slushy, gross, warm weather. I'm much happier with the cold, snowy weather. My Christmas lights are up, and my house looks like a little gingerbread house. I love it. Of course, Chris-ma-kah is in full swing here. Weston and I already got our present for the house... a new dryer... since I broke the other one.  That brings my breaking appliance count to three for the year (we have replaced the dishwasher, washer, and dryer this year). Weston has informed me that if I break the refrigerator, I will be keeping my cold things outside as we can not replace anything else in the house. :)

I also decided to get Weston his own present this year (we normally just buy something for the house) since he has been such a big help with me and the baby. I bought him a nice tool cabinet thing for his shed. I went out on Black Friday to Sears to pick it up because it was 50% off. I was so excited that I was actually able to get one!! Normally on deals like that, the person in front of me grabs the last one... I couldn't keep it a surprise though, as we had to go to the distribution center to pick it up.  So when I came home, I gave him the receipt and told him he had to go pick up his present... his favorite kind of gift... a chore!  HA!

Thanksgiving went well. We weren't able to go to my parent's house as my dad was sick and refused to let us come over. So we just spent the day with W's family. It was pretty nice. After we ate, Sawyer and I took a nap and everyone else played cards.

Sawyer has decided that he doesn't like going to bed at night. He naps just fine, but when you try to put him to bed at night, oh no.... he throws a huge fit. We've been working through that. I think I have found a solution (swaddling him tightly and a noise making bear that sounds like a womb apparently....) and last night he slept from 10:30-5! So, hopefully this will continue to work. Right now he is hanging out in his swing trying his best to stay awake. He is just sooo funny....

Alright, off to put the laundry in the dryer and grab something to eat while I have two free hands! It is amazing how much I have learned to do with only one hand.... again, I am amazed by moms. I'm also amazed that not everyone in the world is an only child... further proof having kids makes you crazy....

No comments: