Monday, May 30, 2016

Blankets galore

So I am not sure what is going on, but I have been finishing things like crazy. Not things that should be finished (like Weston's Gansey...) but really simple things. I don't seem to have the brain space to finish the math for the Gansey. Some part of it is knit flat and I know my gage is a lot different than in the round. Plus the gage I am knitting at now is different than I had originally calculated for the pattern so I am a bit befuddled at where I should go from here. But, I do seem to be able to keep knitting and making progress on simple projects.

The only knitted FO I have to share right now is a blanket I knit for tater tot. It is the zagaround blanket by Kate Oates and it was such a fun knit! The texture is squishy and reversible...I love it.


The other blankets I have finished are quilts. I was able to get the borders on two tops and the binding on a little baby quilt for my niece. 


This is the little quilt I made for my niece.  It is so cute! I love the fabrics I chose, girlie without being pink. I hope it is useful for the little one. 


This quilt top is one I made for Lucy. She chose the fabrics from my stash and I love how it turned out. It is the perfect little girl quilt and it should be a great bed sized quilt for her. 


This one I made just to use the fabric...I had it in my stash for years and I am happy to see it all grown up into a quilt. I am not sure what the plan is when I get it quilted, but I really like how it turned out.

I am going to finish a little rainbow hat for Lucy tonight. I have already cast on one in a different color way for my niece. The hat is a simple pattern which has made for great park and t-ball knitting. It is Charlie's sock yarn hat and it is a great knit. I love the double brim which keeps ears nice and warm. 

Alright, off to kitchner the top of the hat! Happy knitting!

No comments: