Thursday, April 22, 2010

Best Thursday Ever?!?

Thursday has been my favorite day of the week for a loooooong time. It is so full of hope and promise of the weekend. You can still make plans... only one more day left of work (if you have a normal job, not a crazy weekend one like me)... etc. etc. Plus, it is the one night that I actually watch TV. So what makes this Thursday so special? Well, for one, it is the first one in three weeks that has new comedy on. Awesome. Also, I don't have to cook tonight! Why? Well, because JOSH is back home(!!!) and he has offered to cook for me!!!


That's right. JB back in town! We picked him up at the airport last night and then went to Spenard Roadhouse for dinner. It was amazing. The bacon of the month is bacon mozzarella sticks and they are to DIE for! Sooooo yummy! We also had the super tots, which are my fav. And, of course, great conversation with Josh! I don't know how long he is going to be here, but I am going to enjoy every bit of it...

In knitting news, I am almost done with the first repeat of the second chart on my shawl. I would show you a picture, but lace doesn't really look like much until it's done and blocked... oh, and I'm lazy. But trust me when I say, it is awesome. I will have to take a picture of my stitch markers. They are from the Etsy shop Wee Ones and they are incredible. They are puffins, and the detail is just mind boggling. I kind of want some of every animal from the shop now! They are just so cute, like little jewelry for my knitting....

The one other thing I accomplished this week is starting some seeds for my veggie garden.  It is probably a little late, but I'm going to try anyway!! I'm going to try and grow a whole bunch of different stuff... peas, spinach, green onions, broccoli, brussels sprouts, carrots... it should be pretty amazing. If the summer is anything like it was last year, I think I might actually get some veggies to eat! *Fingers crossed*

I hope everyone has a nice weekend! And, if you live in Anchorage, Saturday is SALE day at Quilt Tree! All class fees, quilting supplies, and fabric are 20% off! I'll be there.... :)

No comments: